Looking to emigrate to the UK? We have a few tips that will help you experience a seamless application but before we share these tips, get to know the type of visa you need to travel by visiting The UK Immigration Advice Service (IAS).
Make your Visa application and approval process seamless with these simple but valid tips.
- Apply early: As a visa applicant, it is important for you to apply for your visa as early as possible. When you apply late, your chances of leaving out some information on the checklist is high especially because you end up having very little time to go through the list carefully. A lot of countries allow applicants to begin applying 3 months before their travel date. Do not assume that there are not a lot of people applying during the period of your application.
- Speak to an expert: A lot of things can go wrong during a visa application. From knowing what visa to apply for, to knowing the right documents to submit and missing deadlines, speaking to an expert is never a bad idea. It could save you from inconveniences and help you avoid incurring additional cost. A qualified immigration advisor can help you figure out these details including your eligibility status and your chances of getting an approval. Sourcing for information online is a good idea but never better than speaking to an immigration expert. As professionals, they most likely will have had the opportunity to work with different clients and around different scenarios. There’s a high chance they’ll be able to resolve any issue that arises.
- Collect the right documents: In order to make your application run smoothly, it is important for you to collect the right document. Documents vary depending on the visa category you’re applying for hence the reason you may need to speak with an expert. Here’s a list of the basic documents needed for the UK visa application:
- Your valid passport
- Your UK visa application form
- Bank statements or proof of fund
- Covid-19 test result
- Tuberculosis test result
- Proof of accommodation
- Paid visa fees
- Flight reservation/air tickets
It is important to note that different countries require different documents. Be sure to look out for specific checklists from different countries. You can find these checklists for each country online.
- Keep tabs with your visa processing timeline: Remember to always check with your dates. Leave enough time. Visa applications have peak times and off times. For example, you’ll notice that there are a lot of people applying for visas just before the Christmas season so that they are able to spend time with family and friends. Applying during this period may mean that your visa may not come back in time.
- Ensure your bank statement is proven: A lot of countries require some applicants to have their proof of funds submitted. This document certifies that you meet the required financial requirement and that you’re able to cater for yourself in your destination country. For example, as one applying for a student visa, you must have enough money to pay for your course. You must also have enough money to support yourself while in school. Also note that any money you intend to use for course fee payment and upkeep should be in your account or your guardian’s account for 28 consecutive days.