Full Job Description
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a ‘population health’ model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
COME JOIN US!!!
Essen is currently seeking Staff Physician. All Specialties (Nursing Home, Home Care, Urgent Care, Office).
Our dedicated and compassionate team of professionals come from culturally diverse backgrounds and they share the common vision of providing our outpatient population with the best primary and preventative health care available.
- Full-time and Part-time Schedules
- Comprehensive Pay Structure
- Access to multiple Physician Specialties
- Hospital and community-based positions available
- Culture passionate about improving access to healthcare
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Fellows and Practicing physicians welcome
- Clinical Assistant Provided
- Geriatric and Adult Patient population
- Loan repayment available
- Visa sponsorship available
The selected candidate will be responsible to perform daily Primary Care Physician duties including but not limited to:
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients
- Ensures fulfillment of Essen Health Care commitment for ensuring quality care
- Diagnoses and treats variety of diseases in general practice
- Collects, records and maintains accurate patient information
- Documents items such as: past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition
- Administers or prescribes treatments
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan
- Vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease
- Consult with appropriate medical specialist when necessary; refer patient to subspecialists within network
- Provide diagnostic healthcare services to patients of all ages
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Successful completion of an approved residency training program.
- Active License
- Current New York State Medical Practitioner License
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.
- Urgent Care or Emergency Department experience
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus, but not a requirement
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $180,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- NY license (Preferred)
- BC/BE (Preferred)