Full Job Description
UPMC Altoona is recruiting a Neurology physician for their hospital in Altoona, PA. Join a group of three Neurologists, three Advanced Providers and two Neurohospitalists. Must have an MD or equivalent, be board eligible or board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. J1 and H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Flexible schedule, full time position
- No Call
- Clinical academic appointment
- See an average of 15-20 patients/day
- Current providers read EEGs and EMGs
- EPIC EMR for outpatient and Cerner for inpatient
- Ability to build and grow a subspecialty
- Ability to have autonomy and decision making with a supportive and collaborative group
What we Offer
- $35K sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- $3,500 CME allowance plus five days
- Twenty days PTO plus seven holidays
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State’s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities
- Licensure, Certifications and Clearances:
- Board Certified or Eligible in Neurology
- BLS, ACLS Certified
- Must qualify for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Act 33, 34, 73