The 2022 University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarship is currently open for interested and qualified applicants interested and eligible to study in Canada.
The scholarship is a fully funded award covering the full cost of tuition and providing an additional $24,000 annual stipend for successful candidates.
The University of Alberta is one of the Top 5 universities in Canada and Top 150 in the world. Our opportunities for undergraduates are renowned and one of the reasons they go on to achieve great things.
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- $24,000 Annual Stipends
- Deadline: Not Specified
The Departments of
Agriculture, Food and Nutritional Science and Renewable Resources, University of Alberta are seeking doctoral and postdoctoral graduate students to work on projects focusing on:
- the impact of liming on crop production and soil health
- the most effective and economical sources of lime and optimized methods and frequency of application in the black and gray soil zones
- potential benefits of lime on nutrient use efficiency, crop yield and soil health parameters such as soil microbial diversity, soil organic matter, soil organic carbon, soil pH (rhizosphere and bulk soil), soil bulk density and infiltration
To be considered for the University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarship, you must:
- Strong academic background and interest in conducting advanced studies in agronomy, soil
biogeochemistry and/or soil physics.
- have a min GPA > 3.3.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be able to work closely with others in a team environment, as well as develop and undertake
innovative scientific approaches.
- Possess strong organizational skills, problem-solving ability.
- Be willing to engage in problem solving, data analysis, and thesis development.
- Be able to work in the field for extended periods.
- Possess a valid graduated (non-probationary) drivers’ license and a clean driving record
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a copy of transcripts, CV, and a statement of research
experience and interests (1 page limit), with the names of three references, to:
Dr. Miles Dyck, Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta – email@example.com.