- Req. Number: 2022-40974
- Posted Date: 2/6/2022
- Shift: Day
- Address: Sixth Avenue and Spruce Street
- City, State: West Reading, PA
- Department: THMG Neurology 503
Due to extensive growth, expanding volume and community need, Reading Hospital/Tower Health seeking an experienced Neurohospitalist to join our growing NeurologyService line; a team of 20+ Neurologists as well as the very experienced and collaborative Stroke team. The schedule is 7 on, 7 off, and the inpatient Neurology team includes Advanced Practitioners and Neurology Residents from our newly approved ACGME program.
Neuroscience Center is a multi-subspecialty clinical service line including 20+ Neurologists and APPs and 5 Neurosurgeons. Reading Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center with a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary Stroke team, supported by a technologically advanced Endovascular treatment program and a Neuro ICU with 4 fellowship trained Neurointensivists. The stroke program is driven by the busiest Emergency Department in PA with over 135,000 visits per year with Stroke call primarily being accomplished by telestroke.
Reading Hospital is the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health. Located in West Reading, PA. Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital that is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, Tower Health Transplant Institute, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ (2013-2021)
- Neurosciences Excellence Award™ (2013-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences (2015-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2007-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke (2006-2021)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
The Neurohospitalist will be joining a very experienced Neurology Team with layered support to include Advanced Practitioners and Residents. T he ideal Neurology candidate will have extensive inpatient GeneralNeurology experience working in a high volume, high acuity environment. The NeurologyService is wide ranging with highly collaborative, multiple subspeciaty support, a multidisciplinary stroke team, state-of-art technology, Neuro ICU, advanced endovascular treatment program, and experienced support staff.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- CME Allowance
- Retirement programs
- Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
Requirements and Qualifications
- MD or DO
- candidates must be licensed/eligible to practice medicine in Pennsylvania and Board Board Certified in Neurology and BC/BE in Vascular Neurology with a Vascular Fellowship or extensive experience in Stroke Neurology.