This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic pre-opening team with the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale. Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale is looking for a talented Night Manager. This role is a crucial part of the Rooms Leadership team and reports to Front Desk Manager. The Night Manager oversees the front office staff and manages all functions of the Front Desk during the overnight. Ensure communications and follow-up on any problems, guest requests or special requirements. Monitor employees’ activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
The new Fort Lauderdale property is part of a shared services collection that has common ownership and encompasses the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach, Four Seasons Hotel & Residences at The Surf Club, and Four Seasons Hotel Miami. While this position is not a shared services role, the ability to embrace and collaborate, while aligning efficiencies with all four hotels is essential. As this hotel will have a residential component prior experience in a mixed-use residential hotel is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the Front Desk operations and acts as the independent manager on duty in the hotel during the overnight.
- Directs staff that performs the following duties and will also perform these duties on own: welcomes and registers hotel guests, explaining the accommodations and establishing credit or method of payment.
- Assists with the talent acquisition, training, supervising and performance management of the Front Office team.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. Follows up on credit problems with Front Desk Manager and/or Credit Manager.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Previous leadership experience in a luxury hotel setting preferred.
- Someone engaging, energetic, with strong interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving ability and be proficient in Hotel property management systems, in particular Opera and Micros.
- Education: College degree preferred or similar experience.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Emanating the luxurious amenities and scenic locales of the world’s most coveted yacht clubs through new-fashioned style, Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale is redefining luxury travel and living in this youthful South Florida Riviera. Within the vibrant, next-generation coastal city, the 22-story Four Seasons will be home to Fort Lauderdale’s most desirable oceanfront dining experiences, a luxurious spa, two pools, a distinctive beach experience, grand event and meeting spaces, 189 accommodations and 42 private residences. Designed to blend seamlessly with the Atlantic Ocean, our oasis will be enlivened by vibrant social spaces and a sense of Americana and possibility. Moments away from the city’s most desirable outdoor activities, cultural arts, restaurants and shops, our enviable location will welcome you at the heart of the yachting capital of the world.
Currently operating 120 hotels and resorts, and 45 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride, and satisfaction in what we do. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has been ranked in the Fortune ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ every year since 1998…join our team and discover why.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dynamic Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round
Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, 401k Retirement Plan, and much more)!
Excellent and ongoing Training and Development opportunities
Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
Complimentary Employee Meals
… and so much more!
- VISA REQUIREMENTS Authorization to work in the United States is required, unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.