Responsible for leading the development and execution of the project management plan while building and maintaining effective and meaningful client relationships. This position serves as the primary client liaison responsible for managing and delivering all aspects of one or more mega ($5M+) and/or super mega ($25M+) projects including contracting, project controls, quality, risk and change management. The Project Director implements the firms project delivery plan using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Managing complex and unique emerging technologyprojects that drive successful outcomes for transportation clients
- Supporting the development of strategic plans and driving strategic initiatives to position for growth in the evolving technology and ITS space
- Building strong client relationships that position HNTB to bring valuethrough new service offerings
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Masters degree
- Understanding and experience related to toll systems and technology, ITS, traffic operations, and express lane projects
- 20 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Develops and nurtures key client relationships and is the primary company contact on assigned projects. Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Responsible for financial performance on projects. Proactive management of cash, budget, schedule and project scope to ensure adherence to project goals and completion to the client’s satisfaction.
- Sets priorities, obtains commitments, and engages required resources through collaboration with Group Directors, Department Managers and/or Section Managers to staff projects according to the project Work Plan.
- Collaborates with office and division leadership in solving challenges and ensuring business objectives are met.
- Supervises and mentors team to achieve overall project objectives. Where appropriate, oversees the project’s Project Manager(s). Responsible for/oversees project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, hiring, development, retention and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Leads pursuits of mega projects and/or actively involved as part of the pursuit team for super mega projects. Partners with Client Service Leaders to develop long term strategies to identify and pursue additional business opportunities with key clients and with pursuit champions on efforts for mega and super mega projects in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the pursuit team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads interview and proposal presentations to the client as well as general presentations within the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field and 12 years of relevant experience
- 4 years experience successfully managing and delivering mega and/or super mega projects
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.