Due to extensive growth and expanding volume, Reading Hospital/Tower Health seeking a Neurologist with fellowship training in Multiple Sclerosis. The new Neurologist will be joining our growing Neuroscience Center, a multi-subspecialty clinical service line including 20+ Neurologists, APPs and 5 Neurosurgeons. The critical community need for a Multiple Sclerosis specialist will ensure a full patient panel. The new physician will be joining a very collaborative Neurology team to include Neurology Residents from our newly approved ACGME program.
Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital, the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years, America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2022 and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Tower Health & Drexel University College of Medicine have partnered to open a brand new medical school 1/2 miles from the Reading Hospital campus. The medical school opened in July 2021; when fully operational, the medical school will enroll 200 medical students.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ (2013-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences (2015-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2007-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke (2006-2021)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 2 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
The Multiple Sclerosis Neurologist will be joining a very experienced Neurology Team with layered support to include Advanced Practitioners and Residents. The NeurologyService is wide ranging with highly collaborative, multiple subspecialty support, a multidisciplinary stroke team, state-of-art technology, Neuro ICU, advanced endovascular treatment program, and experienced support staff.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- CME Allowance
- Retirement programs
- Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
- MD or DO
- candidates must be licensed/eligible to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Board Certified in Neurology and BC/BE in Multiple Sclerosis Neurology.