The Department of Medicine is seeking a Research Program Manager. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals who has the skills to successfully manage large international projects satisfying institutional, sponsor, and external collaborator requirements. This person should have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and quantitative skills, as well as budget and financial reporting experience.
This person will work closely with the principal investigators (PIs) and other study staff to develop and implement protocols and ensure that project goals are met for a CDC-sponsored project conducted primarily in India to combat antimicrobial resistance. This position will include approximately 60% effort devoted to clinical research/program and data management, and 40% effort towards administrative, financial, and sponsored projects activities.
This position will work with the Sr. Grants & Contracts Analyst to prepare grants and contract proposals and provide guidance in the interpretation and implications of applicable grant terms and conditions. This work will require collaboration and liaison with the Office of Sponsored Projects in the Department of Medicine, the Office of Research Administration (ORA) at the School of Medicine, the Department Finance Office, and external funding agencies. Proposal preparation will include preparation of budget justifications and other administrative data. The individual will submit grant proposals, progress reports, for new and continuing projects and Just-In-Time submissions using relevant systems (i.e., COEUS, ASSIST, Grants.gov).
- Knowledge in the assigned application as well as the platform on which it runs.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.